Copyrights -> Kawaldeep Singh

myows online copyright protection

All content published on this blog is the copyright of Author (Kawaldeep Singh Kanwal), duly verified by the authorized third party. Do not use any content published here without giving the due credits to Author and/or without the explicit permission of the Author. Any non-compliance would face charges under COPYRIGHT ACT.

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Spirituality

Two people asked me about spirituality, today – One theist and other atheist.. “Does it makes any difference?”, one asked. I said, “It makes for me while embedding something in usual conversation, because spirituality is nothing about words, but all time beyond that. Words otherwise require perspective as well as pre-study of the mind of listener”. We couldn’t explain same thing to tailor or a doctor in a same manner. So does the spirituality.
My first requirement from them was to come to me with their mind cleansed from their previous preoccupations, prejudices of their ideologies or beliefs; as only a clean vessel is eligible to pour something inside.. One has to forget one’s previous-self to learn something new, else one can proceed with one’s already pre-decided conclusions of something which is otherwise anew/unknown in real sense..
One asked me if I am religious or spiritual. I said give me the definitions of both and I would then tell you which would fits on me best. He asked me whether I follow some specific and stringent prayer-timings or other conducts. My simple answer to it was if you ask me do you believe in God (Any Supreme Authority), I would say I am but if you ask me do you follow some ritualistic conducts, I would say WHAT??
There are no such specific & stringent timing requirements to get connected with your innerself, with realization of Supreme. The very time when you have your realization is the only blissful time (or Amrit Vela in eastern perspective).
Furthermore to it, we need to conclude that there is no requirement of mediator between one and one’s ownself (or the Supreme) of any kind. A Guru or spiritual teacher is just a medium, a medium of connection, and its utilization is till that only. Guru is never a destination but a path or the enlightenment of path, and one has to reach ultimate destination through one’s own experiences.
Actually the religion & spirituality though seemed different superficially but actually coexist in one person if understood deeply. That was my point in asking for separate definitions for both as they are NOT as clear bounded..
Spirituality is not like spoon-feeding, if one aims for same then one has to search it for oneself.
Buddha has given a very powerful statement. “Don’t follow me blindly.. Search yourself !”
This is what spirituality is !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

.